Saturday, December 4, 2010

Exploration

Since being in college, I have been constantly told to get the most out of my college experience and take in as much as I can. Whether it be knowledge, diversity, or fun, I am trying to take advantage of UW-Madison as much as possible. In addition, it is important for us to be well-rounded and have a range of experiences.

Part of the Wisconsin Idea is to go out into the community and have a positive effect on society, by helping it to grow and improve using what we have learned at this university.


Part of being able to impact the world around you is becoming an extremely educated individual; you should be able to use critical thinking skills and problem solve. In order to acquire a great amount of knowledge and information, the student must have a good grasp on their learning style.

This is something I did not have a good grasp on.

However, during a particular class period, we evaluated our learning styles and figured out what they were. We completed two activities/inventories:
  • Color Inventory
  • The VARK Questionnaire
The results were very interesting--opposite of my predictions. I will discuss them later!

No comments:

Post a Comment